Updating address in deers

Beneficiaries will need to provide important pieces of documentation, such as marriage, birth, or death certificates; DD 214s; DD 1172s; etc.Beneficiaries should contact the nearest Uniformed Services ID card facility to find out what documents they need to enroll or update eligibility information in DEERS.You should update DEERS whenever you have a change in family or career status.Some examples include: • Change in address • Birth or adoption of a child • Marriage or divorce • Death of a family member • Change in rank • Retirement • Activation (for reserve or Guard members) You can make address changes in DEERS online at by phone at 1-800-538-9552 or 1-866-363-2883 (TTY/TDD for the deaf), or by fax at 1-831-655-8317.Verifying and Updating DEERS Information You can verify your DEERS information by contacting your regional TRICARE managed care support contractor, your local TRICARE service center or the nearest uniformed services personnel office (ID card facility).Sponsors or registered family members may make address changes, however, only the sponsor can add or delete a family member from DEERS, and proper documents are required such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree and/or birth certificate.* Go online to Tricare to update your information:

Over the next month, we’ll tell you about four simple steps you can take to ensure easy access to health care when you need it.Address and other changes made at the hospital are only stored temporarily and are overwritten once a DEERS pull occurs.When an eligible family member receives a military ID card, that information is deposited in DEERS. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.

Leave a Reply